WRIPAC Winter 2017 Training and Meeting
Training: January 18
FREE Meeting: January 19-20
Hosted by CODESP
Meeting and Training Location:
Ayres Hotel & Suites, Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
325 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Pre-meeting Trainings (Wednesday, January 18, 2017)
Two Training Choices:
- · Competency Modeling (FREE & open to WRIPAC Members only)
- o Presenters: Rod Freudenberg and Shelley Langan
This one-day class is the debut of our course created by honorary lifetime WRIPAC member, Rod Freudenberg, PhD. This course will define "Competency" and "Competency Modeling", and how it differs from Job Analysis. It will address issues that competency modeling might resolve, design parameters, key design features, rating, and sorting duties. It will also address competencies and examination design. This course will be free to WRIPAC members and limited to one attendee per WRIPAC member agency on a first-come, first-served basis. If additional seats remain after December 28, 2016, the class may be opened-up to additional WRIPAC non-member participants for a fee.
- · Training and Experience (Fee required & open to WRIPAC members & non-WRIPAC members)
- o Presenter: Mike Willihnganz
This one-day class is designed to acquaint the participants with a variety of techniques that can be used to assess training and experience (T & E) at the application stage of the recruitment process. Advantages and disadvantages of T & E evaluation methods will be addressed, as well as issues related to reliability, validity, instrument development, and scoring of these assessment techniques. Through a combination of lecture, discussion, and individual and group exercises, participants will gain an understanding of the approaches commonly used in evaluating training and experience.
Training Registration: Before registering, check to see if you are an active WRIPAC member
Early registration (by December 28): $175/WRIPAC members, or $225/non-WRIPAC members
Late registration (after December 28) $200/WRIPAC members or $250/non-WRIPAC members
Meeting (Full day Thursday, half day Friday) Open to all public agencies:
Topics and Speakers:
- · Crucial Conversations/Difficult Conversations: John Keisler - Innovation Team Director, City of Long Beach and Laura Farinella, Police Chief, City of Laguna Beach
- · HR Process Improvement: Kandice Taylor-Sherwood, Director of Civil Service, City of Long Beach
The winter meeting will focus on topics including business process improvement and having crucial but difficult conversations. Additionally, join us for our signature roundtable sessions, which allow members and guests to share challenges and success stories from their agencies, to solicit support and ideas on ways to address common issues that we all face, and to identify opportunities for WRIPAC as an organization to fill the gaps between the resources currently unavailable or too expensive.
Stay tuned for Thursday night networking / Dr. WRIPAC event announcement! So many awesome choices in the vicinity-tough decision!!!!!
Hotel & Reservations:
Located in Costa Mesa, Ayres Hotel & Suites is near South Coast Plaza, Newport Beach, Fashion Island and many restaurant and entertainment options. The hotel is very close to SNA (John Wayne Airport) and there is a free hotel shuttle.
To reserve your room:
- · 1-800-322-9992 - Reservations
- · Tell them you are with WRIPAC and/or give them the GROUP NUMBER: 10936
- · $120/night (plus tax) for the Deluxe Room. Space is limited! WRIPAC blocked rooms will be released to the general public 1/10/17, so reserve soon.
- · Need a pre-estimate of hotel costs? Here are the steps: Make the reservation. You will get a confirmation email with detailed costs. If you do not get travel approval, they will cancel the reservation at no cost
For more information regarding the hotel and registration:
WRIPAC Meeting & Training Info and Registration